When looking at the effect of meditation on myself I am beginning to realize how much better I am getting at focusing, especially over longer periods of time. I mean, if 10 minutes can be considered a long time.
Along with slowing the aging process while meditating, A lot of studies show that you will also have lower blood pressure. I think this comes from a variety of other benefits that I have already realized. First, stress can affect blood pressure. Especially when the level of stress is high. As discussed in an earlier post, meditating can lower your stress level. Second, meditating leads to living a healthier lifestyle. Now I am not sure what the cause of this benefit is, but the more I think about myself and how my day has been, the more I plan for how I want my days to go in the future.
The hardest part of this assignment is to remember to blog the experience after you finish. I usually do my mindful meditation either right before I head out for the day, or between classes during the school day. However, by doing this assignment I am realizing this is a great opportunity to practice diligence.
Overall this experience has been extremely beneficial for me. As I had talked about in my first couple of posts, there were a lot of things that I felt meditation could help me with. Especially my attention span and my ability to focus. Both of these things have begun to improve as well as a variety of other benefits that I wasn't expecting from this exercise. Now I still want to meditate moving forward, and see if the other benefits that were talked about will manifest themselves to me moving forward.
Comments
Post a Comment